Personally, I have some very fond memories of a cheesy cauliflower bake that I used to eat at Secondary School. Using this as my inspiration, I created a baby friendly version that works as a tasty lunch or a yummy side dish - try it with roasted chicken or pork and apple sausages.
3 Large White Potatoes
1 Cup Cauliflower
1 Cup Broccoli
150g Grated Cheddar Cheese
30g Plain Flour
30g Unsalted Butter
300ml Whole Milk
1. Peel, chop and boil the potatoes for 20 minutes until cooked
2. Chop the broccoli and cauliflower into small florets and boil for approx. 5 minutes until tender
3. While the veg is cooking, heat the butter and flour in a pan, stirring all the time to mix them together (and stop it burning!)
4. When combined, add the milk a little at a time, stirring well. Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer.
5. Once the sauce has thickened, turn the heat off and add half of the grated cheese.
6. Mash the potato and spread into the bottom of an oven proof dish
7. Drain the broccoli and cauliflower and lay on top of the potato
8. Pour the cheese sauce mixture on top of the veg
9. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top
10. Bake at Gas 5 for 20-25 minutes until the cheese on top is golden.
Be sure to tag me on Facebook or Instagram if you make this yourself :)
Don't forget to check out what the rest of the #InstaWeanTeam ladies have cooked up for their cauliflower challenges this week...