I chose a simple summer dish for my watermelon #InstaWeanTeam Challenge – fruit kebabs with natural yoghurt and chia seeds. This took 5 minutes to prepare and about 5 seconds to devour! The sweet watermelon works really well with the creamy yoghurt and I used a flower shaped vegetable cutter to make it a little more appealing – still not enough to convince L to eat fruit unfortunately but it worked for the grown ups!
10-15 White and Red Grapes
Chia Seeds (optional)
1. Slide a knife along the rind of the watermelon to remove the tough skin. Slice the melon into strips. Using a cookie or vegetable cutter, cut out some pretty shapes :)
2. Same deal with the mango - remove the skin and slice into cubes
3. Slice the grapes in half lengthways (this reduces the choking hazard)
4. Thread each piece of fruit onto a kebab stick until it's full.
5. Service dipped in yoghurt with chia seeds (you might want to remove the stick for younger children)