50 g Quinoa
200ml Cold Water
1/4 Red Onion
2 Savoy Cabbage Leaves
1/8 Tsp Chia Seeds (optional)
Handful Grated Cheddar Cheese
Pinch Mixed Herbs
1. Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet - I washed mine thoroughly then added to a clean pan with the water and herbs, simmering for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the pan to make sure it doesn't run dry but you want all the water to have soaked in by the end.
2. Finely chop the onion and savoy cabbage then saute for 3-4 minutes in a little unsalted butter until soft
3. Add the cooked quinoa to the veg and stir.
4. Add the chia seeds and cheddar, mix well.
5. When the mixture is cool enough to handle, shape it into small balls (I made 9) and place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
6. Bake at Gas 4 for 35 minutes until firm and starting to crisp
Don't forget to check out what the rest of the team made for Quinoa week on the InstaWeanTeam Facebook Page!