Thursday 18 June 2015

RECIPE - #InstaWeanTeam Challenge - Yoghurt Flatbread Pizzas (gluten free)

This week's #InstaWeanTeam challenge was to reinvent an unhealthy dish. I try to serve pretty healthy food on the whole, especially for Little Dude, but like most parents our own needs tend to come second place. By the time I've finishing rushing around sorting out nursery bags, work clothes, packed lunches, washing up and shopping lists, Mr BLWMamaUK and I are sometimes guilty of collapsing on the sofa with some trashy TV and a huge bowl of pasta or a thrown together plate of sausages and mash. 

Of all the naughty food (in fact, all food full stop) pizza is hands down, no question, absolutely and completely my husband's favourite. Every single time I ask him what we should have for dinner he gives me the same answer. So this week I decided to cook a meal for my big boy as well as my little one.

YOU'LL NEED:

Pizza base:  
400g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
200g Natural Yogurt
150ml Water
1 Tablespoon Oregano

Sauce:
1 Tin Cherry Tomatoes
1 Clove Garlic
1/2 Tsp Oregano
1/2 Tsp Basil

Toppings:
I used ham, sliced black olives, orange bell pepper, pepperoni (adult portion only)
1 Ball Mozzarella Cheese

 METHOD:
1. Put the flour, yogurt, oregano and water in a bowl and mix well. I used a food processor with a dough hook because I'm lazy like that :)
2. Once the mixture has started to come together, separate it into thirds. Put two of them aside.
3. Sprinkle some flour on a clean baking tray and roll a third of the dough out until it's 2-3CM thick - this will make one adult sized pizza.
4. Grill the dough on a medium heat for around 8 minutes (4 on each side) until it's cooked through and starting to go golden brown. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the other balls of dough. I split the final third of dough in half again to make two smaller (child sized) pizza bases.
5. Empty the tin of tomatoes, crushed garlic, oregano and basil into a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes until it has reduced slightly.
6. Spoon the tomato mixture onto the flatbread bases and spread it right up to the edges
7. Add your vegetable toppings, followed by slices of mozzarella cheese.
8. Grill or oven bake for 5-10 minutes until the toppings are warmed through and the cheese has melted.

Mr BLWMamaUK, our resident pizza expert, loved these. They were super-filling and really tasty - I'll definitely be making them again.



No comments:

Post a Comment