1/2 red onion
4-5 broccoli florets
4-5 cauliflower florets
1 medium carrot
1/3 cup washed red lentils
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
1 slice bread grated
Handful cheddar cheese
1. Finely chop the veg and cook in pan with a little butter and the spices/herbs until soft.
2. Meanwhile, boil the lentils according to the instructions on the packet for around 20 minutes until soft and going slightly mushy.
3. Transfer the veg to a mixing bowl and mash slightly.
4. Add the lentils and egg, stirring thoroughly
5. Spoon into silicone cupcake cases (or a lightly buttered dish if you want to make a bigger version)
6. Sprinkle the cheese and breadcrumb mixture on top
7. Bake at Gas 5 for 25 minutes or until the topping is golder brown.
These freeze really well too - I just defrost them with a blast in the microwave for around 40-50 seconds until piping hot.