Friday 15 May 2015

RECIPE - Curried Yoghurt Chicken

Last night I had one of those 'What the hell do I cook for dinner?' moments. I'm not doing my weekly food shop until tomorrow so I had to make do with the contents of our (alarmingly empty) cupboards. The one thing I can always rely on is having a packed spice rack so I cobbled this mildly curried chicken dish together. And you know what? It was GOOD!

YOU'LL NEED:
400g Diced Chicken
1 Tsp Garam Masala 
1/2 Tsp Ground Coriander
1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Tsp Ground Turmeric
1/2 Tsp Almond Butter
4 Big Spoonfuls of Natural Yoghurt (sorry, I didn't measure!)
Pinch of Paprika
Pinch Black Pepper

METHOD:
1. Mix the spices, yoghurt and almond butter in oven proof dish
2. Add the chicken and toss in the sauce until it is completely coated
3. Cover the dish and bake in the oven at Gas 5 for 25-30 minutes
4. Once the chicken was cooked I transferred it to a wok and blasted it for a couple of minutes to dry the outside (I wanted to keep some for L's lunchbox). I don't think this is necessary though as long as your chicken is cooked through.

I served mine with some cous cous and veggies - it didn't photograph particularly well but it tasted good, honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment