Sunday 28 December 2014

RECIPE - Peach Crumbles

YOU'LL NEED:
3 tablespoons plain flour
1 teaspoon ground almonds
1 tablespoon porridge oats
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (depending on your taste preference)
15g unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
6 peach slices (I used tinned in juice, not syrup)

METHOD:
1. Leave the butter out of the fridge until soft
2. Put the flour, oats, almonds and cinnamon in a bowl and stir to mix.
3. Add the butter and 'rub' into the mixture using your thumbs and forefingers until the mixture has turned slightly golden and looks like crumbs. Shake the bowl to bring the big crumbs (unmixed butter) to the surface and repeat until the texture is fine enough.
4. Stir in the sugar (optional) - I added this because I wanted to make a slightly sweet dessert and my peaches were quite tangy. If you're serving it with a sweet custard (I didn't) it's probably not necessary. It's a personal choice on whether you want to give your baby sugar - L rarely has any so I made an exception this time.
5. Chop the peaches and split the mixture across two ramekins
6. Spoon the crumble on top
7. Bake at Gas Mark 4 for 20-25 minutes until golden.

Little Dude is 10 months old and surprised me by eating an entire crumble! He's often not too fussed about fruit and would rather each savoury, so this was a great sucess, particularly as you could substitute the peaches for apples, pears, blackberries etc.

Tag me on Instagram @blwmamuk if you make this!

No comments:

Post a Comment